Dyed Sock Holiday Wreath DIY
Want to try something different this season? It is easy to up-cycle socks into a cute DIY holiday wreath, and you may have most of the supplies at home now. Use a classic red & green theme or match the fabric dye to your home decor.
- Cardinal or Scarlet Red & Kelly or Forrest Green
- Optional: Whitex Wonder Whitener (could be used to brighten white fabric)
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber gloves
- Light coloured socks to dye
- Wreath frame
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Optional: additional accents for wreath (felt, bulbs, pinecones etc.)
Project Directions:Follow box or website dying instructions as needed:
- It is ideal to completely dissolve dye solution and thoroughly mix dye powder with a cup or two of very hot water (example: use a kettle to heat water). Add the liquid dye solution to your dye bath (example: bowl, sink, bucket). Avoid uneven dyeing and don't add fabric until all dye is thoroughly mixed.
- Agitation helps fabric absorb dye: your prepared (example: washed & damp) fabric needs to be completely submerged and moving in your dye bath. Active dying times may vary from 20 - 60 minutes (depending on fabric content or desired colour intensity).
- Carefully make one cut through your wreath to slide the socks onto your wreath.
- Slide the socks onto your wreath compactly so they do not shift and expose the bare wreath.
- When finished placing the socks seal it together using a hot glue gun.