Get easy-to-understand answers to FAQ's about Tintex products, shipping, dyeing methods and common problems. If you don't see your question here contact us.
TINTEX PRODUCT FAQ
Info on our products, preparing before a project, how to mix colours, how to make pastels using any dye, white dye, safety, usage, discontinued colours and old sizes.
- What is TINTEX?
- When do I use TINTEX COLOUR REMOVER?
- What is WHITEX WONDER WHITENER?
- What should I know before I start?
- Can fabric dye be mixed to create different colours?
- How do I make pastel or lighter colours?
- Can a dark colour be dyed white or is there a white dye available?
- Is an all-purpose dye safe to use in my home and greener than other dyes?
- What is the shelf life of your dye?
- Do you still make______ or sell discontinued colours?
- Can I still order 5-Pound pails?
TINTEX SHIPPING & STORES
New order minimums for this website, shipping area, order times, price, addresses, pickups, missing Purolator driver. adding to orders, changing orders and retail stores.
- UPDATE: order minimums in place at checkout.
- Where do you ship Tintex?
- How long will my order take to ship in Canada or the USA?
- I have a question about my order, what do I do?
- Why can't I use my PO Box for shipping? Why is a full address so important?
- Can I pay extra to get 1-day delivery?
- Can I pick-up my order at your warehouse?
- What happens if I miss the delivery person?
- Why must I order so much now? Where did the flat rates for small orders go?
- Can I add to an order that I already placed online?
- Can I change the products after my order has already been processed?
- Where can I buy Tintex at retail stores?
DYEING METHOD FAQ
Water temperature, proper fabrics for our dye, amount of dye needed per project, over-dyeing, delicate fabric and knits, prints, salt & vinegar and old washing machine package instructions.
- Can I use my stainless steel or other expensive cooking pots to dye fabric or use the laundry aids?
- Can I use an aluminum pot instead of enamel or stainless steel for my projects?
- What is the best water temperature to use for Tintex Fabric Dye?
- Which fabrics will Tintex Fabric Dye work best on?
- How much Tintex Fabric Dye do I need to use?
- What is over-dyeing? Can I dye a lighter fabric darker? Is it better to always lighten fabric first before dyeing?
- How do I dye wool, cashmere or delicate items that are prone to shrinking?
- Can I dye a printed material with Tintex Fabric Dye?
- Do I need to add salt, soap or vinegar to the dye powder?
- Do I have to manually squeeze water out when I dye with a top loading washing machine?
DYEING PROBLEM FAQ
Basic tips, using enough product, blotchy or uneven colour, mixing dye correctly, bleach marks, stains, and methods for making colour deeper or brighter.
- Fabric Dyeing Tips
- Why did the colour turn out much lighter than I wanted?
- Why does my dyed fabric look blotchy, uneven or have tiny specks of other colours showing through?
- Will using fabric dye help cover a bleach mark on my fabric?
- Will using fabric dye help me cover a fabric stain?
- How do I make the colour darker or brighter?