Make Custom Warm Green Dyes
White St Patricks Day around the corner it is aways good to have some green dye. You can use our Kelly or Forest Green or make your own custom dye colour. The brightest and vibrant dye intensities always use double the usual amount. Lighter greens use less dye.
Make green even if you don't have access to Forest or Kelly Green. Create a custom green by mixing any blue (example Midnight, Navy or Royal) with Brilliant Yellow. The amount that you use will change the colour to be more yellow-green or more blue-green. Adding more water will make it lighter, Adding more dye will make it brighter.
- Brilliant yellow makes both Kelly Green & Forest Green warmer
- If you don't have Kelly or Forest Green on hand mix Midnight Blue + Brilliant Yellow together (you can substitute Royal Blue)
- Use Beige as a substitute for Brilliant Yellow
- To make colours darker used small amount of Charcoal Grey or Black
Get any size of these dyes in the Greenery Dye Collection.
Have fun! You can always adjust your custom colour formula just by adding more or less green/yellow.
Colour Splash Blog Related Posts
Create & Connect With Easy DIY Projects
- Spring Jean Update
- Dyed Pastel Easter Eggs
- Reusing Extra Tintex
- St Patricks Day: Dyeing with Green
- Neutral Base Colour Theory for Over-Dyeing
- 5 Classic Tie Dye Techniques
- Dyeing Delicate Cashmere Sweaters or Knits
- Do Sheets Need Colour Remover or Whitex Before Dyeing?
- Make Pantone's 2018 Ultra Violet
- Dyed Red, White and Blue Glasses