Tips to Remove Dye From Hands
Take steps to protect your skin from staining. Before you start any dyeing project make sure that you have rubber or plastic gloves on hand. Protect your work area with newspaper or plastic as needed. Follow the package dyeing instructions.
Sometimes you can accidentally get a little dye where you weren't expecting. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water ASAP. For cleaning your work area you can try a mixture of bleach and water. When possible, try and stick with soap and water for stain removal on your skin.
Remove Dye Stains from Your Skin
If you accidentally get some dye on your skin, don't worry, there are simple ways that may help release the stain from your hands!
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water as soon as possible.
- Use a nailbrush or an old washcloth to gently release the dye colour from your skin.
- Optionally, use a paste of backing soda mixed with a little water as a natural cleaning solution. Wash your hands with soap and water to help remove dye from skin.
- Optionally, add some of your oil of choice (try olive, almond, coconut etc.) to your skin. Wash hands with soap and water after a period of time. *You may leave on for a few minutes or even over a few hours if you cover your hands with cotton gloves.
- Optionally, try using a small amount of rubbing alcohol to release the stain.
- If you do't have success with other ways you may decide that it is necessary to use commercially available cleaning products specially designed to clean stains hands. You may find them online or at specialty craft or home improvement stores.